Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunday One

Less than a week into my knowledge of this pregnancy, this is my Sunday:

Got up "weekend" early to go to volunteer work I had arranged earlier in the week. TreePeople planted some trees in our local park (about 1 mile from our apartment) and they needed tending to since Parks & Req hadn't done much to maintain them. It's freaking stupid hot here already and so Robert and I were sweating from the get go. We worked together (wearing matching Disney VoluntEAR t-shirts, mind you) tending to trees for about an hour before we decided that the rest of the crowd could handle the 5 or so remaining trees and took off for home. On the ride back, we discussed the fact that when we have kids and take them to volunteer, we can't slink off in the middle when we get uncomfortable less we risk having a child who's as lousy at follow-through as we are.

Made lunch, made white bean salad, made pasta sauce for freezing. Got pasta sauce on BRAND NEW t-shirt and now praying it doesn't stain. I have an entire closet full of awesome but stained t-shirts. What idiot wears a brand new t shirt to make pasta sauce? Yeah, I know, and I'm procreating too.

Now sitting on the sofa (Robert is asleep watching NASCAR) and obsessively adding books to my "want" list on swap.com from lists on amazon.com. I'm not big on purchasing books, but I am a big reader, especially of non-fiction so researching pregnancy, childbirth, & baby stuff sounds truly joyful. I'm also watching the Phillies game on MLB.tv.

As of today, by my count, I am 4 weeks, 2 days pregnant. I am constantly hungry, which is nuts considering that I've already had half a pb&j for breakfast, some scary healthy green juice, and half a bag of "chicken voila!" which has like 500 calories in it. I guess I'll hit up the white bean salad in a few for some fiber and hopefully finally feel full. I'm up about 1/2 a pound in the 5 days since seeing the happy little plus sign on the pee stick. My goal, of course is to be the same weight at the end of trimester one as when I found out. It's probably a lofty goal, but I know that I don't have to gain a lot of weight early on and I could stand to lose some weight. So, I'm making every effort to get more veggies and eat the full amount of calories to sustain my weight.

I also seem to be experiencing bloating, sore breasts, and a touch of nausea so far. I'm bloated enough to make my buy a pair of leggings at Target yesterday (where I also gazed longingly at baby stuff) and dread getting back into my fat girl jeans for work tomorrow.

In other news my excitement at procreating has gotten me thinking about getting my sewing machine out again, although my husband has basically said he won't approve of anything baby related until we're out of trimester one. So, I got out an old project, a quilt I'm making for my niece Lydia, and starting working on it again. I might be able to get it finished before she comes out to visit us in July. I've been working on it for over a year, so it would be nice to get it completed. I also have a quilt I'm making for a friend for her wedding that I could work on. I have plans for much baby junk though. Quilts, toys, and maybe a few pieces of clothes.

And to round out Sunday, I'm heading out to a Yoga class in about an hour. I bought Ali Sweeney's "Mommy Diet" book and she recommends Yoga for strength, endurance, and learning to control your breathing. She says it pays great dividends during delivery. I've always wanted to do Yoga, but I'm fully embarrased at just how not flexible I am. I decided I'll give it a go (supporting a local business after all) and if I like it, I can make it my "weekend" excercise activity since my gym is closed on weekends.

Next weekend we're on the road to San Diego to see my Phillies in person, so it was nice to have this weekend at home to veg a little and consider our home life in light of our expanding family.

I'm still nervous that something will happen and we'll lose this pregnancy, but each day I get a little more confident. I'm due to see the doctor on Wednesday - it's really early to see a doctor but I'm a new patient so I think that's why they're brining me in so early on. I'm excited to talk to him and get his thoughts on our plans for pregnancy and delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment